For more information on Coronavirus and Forbearance information for Students, Borrowers
and Parents please visit https://studentaid.gov/
The U.S. Department of Education's federal student loan program is the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program. Under this program, the U.S. Department of Education is your lender. Hartnell College offers two types of direct loans:
- Direct Subsidized Loans are loans for eligible undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need to help cover the costs of higher education.
- Direct Unsubsidized Loans are loans for eligible undergraduate students, but eligibility is not based on need.
Direct Loans are borrowed funds and must be repaid with interest. Loans should be used as a last resort to pay for educational expense. Please studentloans.gov for more information.
- Submit a FAFSA and all requested documents
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6-units
- Meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress
- No overpayment owed to Federal Grant Programs
- No Defaulted Loans
Students who wish to borrow should contact the Financial Aid Office by emailing email@example.com for more information.
2020-2021 Federal Direct Loan Deadlines
Fall 2020 - October 30, 2020
Spring 2020 - April 16, 2021
Summer 2020 - July 2, 2021
**Funds from federal direct student loans may be canceled prior to disbursement or within 14 days of notification that funds have been credited. If you wish to cancel your student loan please contact the financial aid office at firstname.lastname@example.org.