Beginning with the 2019-2020 academic year, Hartnell College will begin to offer Federal Direct Student Loans. The U.S. Department of Education's federal student loan program is the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program. Under this program, the U.S. Department of Education is your lender. Hartnell College offers two types of direct loans:
- Direct Subsidized Loans are loans for eligible undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need to help cover the costs of higher education.
- Direct Unsubsidized Loans are loans for eligible undergraduate students, but eligibility is not based on need.
Direct Loans are borrowed funds and must be repaid with interest. Loans should be used as a last resort to pay for educational expense. Please studentloans.gov for more information.
- Submit a FAFSA and all requested documents
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6-units
- Meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress
- No overpayment owed to Federal Grant Programs
- No Defaulted Loan
Students who wish to borrow should stop by the Main Campus Financial Aid Office for more a Federal Direct Student Loan Application.
2019-2020 Federal Direct Loan Deadlines
Fall 2019 - October 29, 2019
Spring 2020 - April 14, 2020
Summer 2020 - July 14, 2020